Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Buddy Felt Her Move!

As of 10 p.m. last night, May 24, Buddy felt her move for the first time! She was moving a lot when I was lying down on my back so I put my hand on my stomach first to see if I could feel it on the outside and I did. So then I put Buddy's hand on my stomach where I felt the movement, below my bellybutton, and he felt her move three times! I turned and said, "Did you feel that?" and he said "Uh huh" with the most concentrated and trying-to-contain-the-excitement look on his face. It was a special moment for the three of us and especially the daddy-to-be! So glad that mile marker has come, now just waiting on the actual kicks to kick-in and the inevitable fact that everyone else will be touching my stomach trying to feel her move now too.

Word to the wise for everyone else...I will let you know if she is moving. I will put your hand on my stomach if I want you to feel it. So please try to retrain the sudden urges to touch my protruding belly at random times....especially in public! Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! George felt SJ pretty early, but he didn't feel Raleigh until 7 months!

    and AMEN to the belly touching comment - I HATE it when people touched my stomach. I guess I tolerated it more from people that I knew... but wait until it happens in public from complete strangers (and it will...)- Once I reached out and put my hand on their stomach when they touched mine just to show them how awkward it was. :)

    BUT, that's not near as bad as when the baby comes and random people ask to hold it. People are weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try to resist, but you'd better grab my hand as soon as she moves! Cannot wait to see all three of you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete