Monday, May 24, 2010

Papaya


At week 22 our little girl is the size of a papaya and probably between 10-12 inches long (that's half way there). It is beginning to get tighter in there so she will soon have to keep the summersaults to a minimum and the minor adjustments in check. She can also hear things now like my voice and outside noises like music. And I think we have a little dancer/musician/vocalist on our hands because she was going crazy last night during the choir concert! Movin' and a grovin' in there during the up-tempo songs and slowing it down for the worship songs. It was strange to feel her move so much, but I am getting more use to it and more excited when she starts up.

Buddy tried to feel her move last night when she was dancing, but she stopped whenever his hand was on my stomach. I think it is the heat from his hand, it probably soothes her and calms her down. But I know he can't wait to feel it, so I try to put his hand on my stomach whenever she is moving a lot. Since she is sleeping in regular intervals now (12-14 hours a day) and is active in regular intervals, hopefully he will get his first kick sometime soon. I haven't figured out yet what her intervals are, but I am planning on documenting them once I get it figured out.

Oh and we picked out a name...but we have only told family so far. Maybe we will let it slip on the blog in a few days or weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I always thought these fruit examples were so bizarre - and I still think so. They're too funny.

    Can't wait to hear the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your adorable name, it's 100% Mallory and Buddy and so sweet. I am so excited when I read these things about her moving and her little personality with the music. I feel so proud to be apart of this little miracle growing inside you, and I can't wait to hold her! Her arrival date is on my work calendar and I'm already figuring out how/when I can ask off :)

    ReplyDelete