Monday, May 17, 2010

Banana

So....according to thebump.com my baby is a banana this week, but last week she was a cantaloupe. What? Obviously others had this question because on the message board we were informed that the sizes are not based on roundness or weight, but my length. So a banana is longer than a cantaloupe, but I think these comparisons are stupid! Another fun fact and weird jump, doctors stop measuring the baby from head to rump and now start measuring from head to foot, so if it looked like the length number got a lot bigger it's because of the change in measurement, not that she is growing THAT fast.

I am getting more and more uncomfortable, especially in church! Those seats and pews are uncomfortable and I am always HOT! I never I thought I would say that in Sherwood, but I am saying it now! My back has begun to hurt when I lay down so my first stop after work is Target to buy a mommy boppy. (thanks Jay for the suggestion) Hopefully that will help alleviate some of my pain and discomfort....I hope.

19 more weeks feels like a long time, but we have a lot to do before she gets here and I am sure we will need all of those weeks and weekends to prepare! We have signed up for childbirth classes and will be taking a Saturday crash course on July 31. We decided we would rather just do it in one sitting rather than have it drag out for 6 weeks.

Hopefully we can start on the nursery this week/weekend and at least have it cleaned out and primed so we can paint the next week. I think I am going to do navy and pink, take a look at my inspiration, I think you will like it as much as I did!




I actually found this same fabric at Joann's!


3 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I really love it, and I can't wait to see it or help with it if you need any- I'm glad that you are painting the walls lighter. Also, you wouldn't be sitting up in the pews near the ceiling at Sherwood if you and Buddy would get there early/on time haha :) Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I LOVE the inspiration! It's very suiting for the McBride abode. :) And I am more than happy to help with anything you may need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory! This is sooo cute and I am so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete