Thursday, May 13, 2010

20 Weeks Ultrasound

Purposely scheduled on Buddy's 24th birthday, we went for our 20 week ultrasound yesterday! I really love these appointments because I actually get to she her wiggling around on the screen. It makes it so much more real, because when your pregnant and people tell you what's going on inside of you it's hard to grasp (kind of like there is no beginning and no end to God...yeah that hard). But when you see the baby on that screen you can grasp (to some minor extent) that there is an actual BABY growing inside of YOU and it is kind of amazing and mind blowing all over again.


Here is her perfect face. I already think she is going to have Buddy's lips.


Here she is turning over, perfect picture of her tiny arm.

I hope you all can see it, but her foot is in the top left hand corner....under where it says foot.

I am feeling her move more and more. Sometimes it feels like she did a summersalt other times it just feels like she made a small adjustment. Buddy puts his hand on my stomach and tries to feel it, but it will be a few more weeks before he will be able to feel it on the outside. That makes him sad, but it is sweet to see how disappointed he is that he can't feel it yet. I know he is going to be a great dad....more certain than I am about my mothering skills. I am counting on that cosmic inlightening that comes once she is born that everyone says you get....it better come because right now I am clueless!

3 comments:

  1. At least you know how to change a diaper after last weekend! I teared up at this one, because I know that she is going to be beautiful with that cute little face and that Buddy is going to be a wonderful Dad! Love you both, and Im excited to feel movement when I touch your belly too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you and Buddy over there on the left is TOO cute! You look great - way better than I did with either of mine at 20 weeks! My favorite picture is the one of her foot - baby feet are the CUTEST things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Meg mentioned the "Step 1: How to Change a Diaper" lesson that we had to teach last weekend! I think you & Buddy will both be wonderful parents & I am so excited to see her! She is adorable & I can't wait to feel her moving around in your belly either! :)

    ReplyDelete