Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 20, Half Way There!

Half way there! This is a very exciting day, but also kind of scary. Half way through pregnancy and fatness...good! Half way till I have to take care of a baby and raise it to be a good person...scary! But I know I will not be doing this on my own. Not only do I have Buddy, I have a wealth of wisdom from all my Moms (my Mom, Mrs. Shelia, Mrs. Kathy, Mrs. Mary Miller, etc.) and the Lord constantly by my side with every step that I take. I think with all of that I am going to make it...I hope.


Well she has graduated from a mango to a cantaloupe. That was a pretty large leap in fruit comparison size this week, so I am not sure how accurate this actually is, because I really don't feel like I am carrying a cantaloupe yet. She is now swallowing amniotic fluid so she can practice digesting and for nutrition and her little taste buds are actually working so she can taste (some what) what I eat. And studies have shown that babies like to eat things they have "tasted" before, so if I want my baby to eat the fruit over the fries that means I have to start making that switch. It is going to be hard!


Also baby has unofficially gotten another Uncle this past weekend! Mark proposed to Victoria, and shocker she said yes! So hopefully she will have some red-headed cousins to play with in the future. We really are excited that we have another piece of the family puzzle in place and we are even more excited that it is our long-time friend Mark Lane!

Oh! And we have another ultrasound this week on Wednesday, so be looking for another post on Thursday morning with new pictures and possible video footage!

No comments:

Post a Comment