Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 23

So my sources for the fruit references have left me without a fruit to share with you this week. They still say she is a papaya, but the length and weight vary from person to person. And as I peeked ahead at the rest of the list of future fruit I was disappointed to see that we only have a few left because they slow down on the week by week comparison. I assume they do this because the baby is growing too large and there are no longer enough large fruits to compare them to on that time schedule. Oh well, I guess I will have to find something else to talk about in between the fruit updates....

And for starters the three of us spent a world-wind Memorial Day weekend traveling to the east coast of Georgia, to the Gulf of Mexico and finally back home again. We got some sun...not as much as I would have liked, due to boredom on Buddy's side on Saturday and a scattered thunderstorm that scared us off the beach on Monday at 12 a.m. I guess I will just have to wait for another two weeks before I can enjoy an entire week of uninterrupted tanning with my parents and sister, with a brief stay from Buddy on the weekends.

But back to our trip. (sorry for the lack of pictures, I just couldn't force myself to break out a camera with the last few pictures I have seen of myself pregnant. I really do think I look pretty good for being pregnant until I see a picture....yikes!)

Side tracked again....We had a wonderful Friday and Saturday hanging out with Megan and Greg White (with a brief visit from Sarah Taylor) at their home in Savannah. We hung out late Friday once we made it there, and then spend a good bit of Saturday at the beach on Tybee Island. I have never been there before and I can say I was pleasantly surprised and liked it very much! We will have to visit again once baby girl is born and she can experience the beach outside the womb. That night we went to eat on River Street in Savannah. Good friends, good time, good sun, and good food, I think I could say we had a great stay!

So after a 7 hour drive on Sunday we arrived at the next stop on our adventure Rosemary Beach, Florida (aka the section of Panama City Beach that bans rednecks and makes you think of how fast you can make a million dollars to be able to afford a house in this picture-perfect subdivision of paradise) Tommy and Kelly invites us down for a brief visit to a house they were staying in for the weekend because of Tommy's new job. One look around once we got there and we knew....we weren't in Kansas anymore. This place is amazing, and I think we all would agree that if Mr. Jim (aka Gimmie/ Big Mac) wanted to purchase one we would not object! I mean it is SO kid friendly....just think of the grandkids and what an awesome time they would have! Just think of the kids...that's all I have to say.

All in all it was a great weekend, but I am exhausted. So sue me, I am having a cup of caffeinated coffee to wake up. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment