Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Really? 7lbs.

So here we are at week 27, she is still the size of an eggplant according to my sources, but she is packing on the pounds from now on and my scale is the one suffering.

I really thought i was doing good, I didn't think I looked too pregnant or bloated, but obviously I am because my doctor (Leslie Gaydos) comes in at my last appointment on Friday June 26, and says "Mallory! What happened, girl?" and I looked around and said "What happened?" And then she proceeds to give me the mortifying news that I gained 7 LBS! since my last visit a month ago. She asked me what I was doing different...I said I went on vacation, so maybe I didn't eat as well then?

But seriously I didn't think I was eating that much different in the past month as I had been? So maybe (and hopefully) baby Beau just had a growth spurt and decided to pack on a few pounds last month. But Mallory is still going to have to watch what she consumes now, because she doesn't want A) a huge baby and B) to gain more than 25pounds. So at current 27 weeks, I have gained at total of 19 lbs. and will only allow myself to gain 6 lbs. more in the next three months.

How this is going to happen? I have no idea, because I still want to drink ice cold Co-cola (as meme would say) and eat the weekly fries from some fast food restaurant. I don't eat a lot! I eat my normal portion I ate when I wasn't pregnant, so what is so different now?

But GiGi (aka Momma Kim) says I need to eat cooked vegetables and lean meat. Does anything sound so disgusting? She says no fried food, no cokes and no sweets! Where are the perks to being pregnant if i can't at the very least consume the foods I normally did before I was pregnant without any guilt? Well the guilt train has been out on a run for the past 27 weeks, and now is rolling back into Mallory Station, because now I feel bad every time I have a Coke and every time I eat something fried. Thanks a lot, all work and no fun for the pregnant girl.

3 comments:

  1. :) this made me laugh! Try the "Skinny Cow" Ice cream for something sweet, it really isn't bad at all - and fudge-cicles only have 40 calories in them.

    As for fried foods and cokes - I have no suggestions - those are my favorite too. I hit up McDonald's for a coke and fries ALOT with Raleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mallory, I love you! Beau is one growing girl, and you will lose all of this afterward so remember to treasure your time with that beautiful belly (see last blog post). I have some yummy recipes that disguise lean meat and veggies, so Ill email you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi girl, when I was pregnant I ate like a saint/monk! I knew I had to be careful and I didn't want to gain either. I'm suprised Landra didn't look like a watermelon or strawberry when she was born. I could not get enough!(only gained 19 with her) Maybe since everything in your life now centers around 'change' this is a good time to 'change' those taste buds a little. But rest assure you are young and that weight will fall off 3 months after she gets here. Just think some people gain 50lbs!! argh

    ReplyDelete