Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week 28

Well, she's still an eggplant this week, just packing on the pounds and working on her brain development. She is approximately 2.5 lbs. and between 15 and 17 inches long. She really doesn't feel that big in there, but that's what they say. She can hear noises now and respond to them, as made evident at the fireworks show at Freedom Festival on the 4th of July. The finale really got her moving good. But she still refuses to move on command and is very shy about anybody else feeling her kick and move besides her daddy. Oh well she will have to learn to get over that shyness, because A LOT of people are waiting to hold her.

I have had my restroom visits amped up and my back pain has begun. Also that constant state of exhaustion and wanting to crawl into bed and take a nap is back with a vengeance. So sleepy, so much work. But Lisa (lady at work) did suggest that maybe I go home at lunch and take a quick power nap so I won't be so tired in the afternoon. I might take that suggestion a few times a week...not every day of course.

Today is my glucose test, so hopefully that all goes smoothly and my results will be good. I am already having problems with my diet, and I would hate to add gestational diabetes to the mix.

Yawn, I want to go back to bed.

We did get a lot done with the baby room this weekend and the two weeks before then. Buddy picked out a sweet shade of pink (sweetie pie was the name of the paint) and painted her room while I was gone on vacation with my parents and sister. Then Ashley and I painted the bottom part white and Buddy added a chair rail type of thing around the whole room. Thanks Ashley for helping paint Beau Breezy's room and for visiting us!

Need...more...sleep...

2 comments:

  1. take the nap advice! Take it from the mommy of a 2 mo. old - get the sleep while you can!
    :)

    ...is Beau Breezy a double name like SJ?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's not an offical double name, but I think it is a cute nickname. My friend Ashley started calling her that and it kinda stuck with me too.

    And I went home and got a nap about 30 min. after I wrote this. I'm still tired, but I feel MUCH better now!

    ReplyDelete