Friday, July 23, 2010

We Got a Crib!

We are really moving along with this whole nursery thing. Our crib was delivered yesterday and Buddy came right home from working an 8 hr. day starting at 4 a.m. and put it together. Although it didn't take him very long, because he is so handy like that, he went straight to sleep afterwards.

I am almost done with the crib skirt. I tried to do some ghettoness (by taping it to the crib)to make things easier, but I am going to have to do it the right way and sew all four pieces to the right length of muslin. It really is very easy, but I just wanted to be done with it so I tried it the ghetto way first with no luck and no approval from my mom. So with her help I am going to fix it.

Also I have decided that I might go insane in a room with only pink and navy in every nook and cranny. So I am headed to PJ's today to see if I can find some fabric for the bumper pads that has some pinks, blues and other colors...because I NEED some other colors...ASAP. I will probably work on the bumper pads this weekend and hopefully have an updated picture of the crib for you on Monday or Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. My momma made my bedding... but, I have a friend that velcro'd the dust-ruffle. She sewed the dustruffle how she wanted it onto the velcro that is sticky on the back, and then she used the other side sticky to attach to the bed. Seemed like a good idea to me.

    For the bumper pad on my bed... I bought a SUPER ghetto (I'm talkin' dolphins and stars)bumper pad at that consignment store by Texas Star and used it to make my new one -- the bumper pad Foam at PJ's is like $40, I paid $6. :)

    ReplyDelete