Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Nursery Phase 1: Paint

As we make room for baby, we had to turn my sewing room into a nursery and the first thing that had to go was the brown paint. While I was away at the beach in June Buddy chose a pink (because of the name "sweetie pie") and painted the room. When I returned home I decided I really wanted a high chair rail with the bottom painted white. So when Ashley Miller decided to join us for the 4th of July, I put her to work helping me paint the bottom white and Buddy to work making the chair rail. We ended up getting it all done within the weekend and it went by really fast!




Now that the fumes have settled I have begun the sewing process. Once all is done I will post pictures of the pieces which will include curtain, bed skirt, bumper pads and a pillow or two.

Next will be furniture. We have ordered the crib and it will be here in 6-10 days. Then all we need is a dresser, a chair and a book case that I am getting from my grandparents house that was mine when I was little.

Then comes the accessories. Lamps, picture frames, rug, nick nacks, etc. Ah! So many things to do, but hopefully I have ten more weeks to get it all done. But I can't count on that so I am going to try and have it done by the end of August. Hopefully that will be plenty of time.

1 comment: