Monday, August 23, 2010

5 Weeks To Go

I feel like we can begin to count down instead of up now since we have made it to Week 35.

Thanks for all the support from everyone last week. It really did lift my spirits to know that so many of you have been in the same place I am now, and that I am not an uncharted island of emotions. I don't feel as self aware this week, I actually feel more like I am floating and feel nothing. Maybe it's because of all the unexplained crying spells, which have caused me to become congested and the lack of sleep. Rough.

I did have two great bright spots in my weekend though.

1. I got to visit my second home (Auburn, Ala.) for a semi-reunion with some sorority sisters at Emma Keller Hunts wedding. She was beautiful! And it was great to see some friends for a while.


2. I had my first baby shower, hosted by June and Jay Houston. All the ladies that came really touched my heart. All their gifts were so sweet, and I can't wait to put little Beau in all her new outfits!

I spent a lot of time yesterday getting some more stuff organized in the nursery. I can really see it coming together now! We ordered our chair and ottoman last Thursday and it should be here in 2-3 weeks. I am hoping it will come sooner...but doesn't everyone? It is golden yellow and we got it for a great price, thank you Robert Brooks! Also, my dad painted the bookcase (green) and delivered it to the house, and it is already getting full of stuffed animals and books. I will post some pictures once I get the chair in. Then the last piece will be the changing table. Buddy is going to work on it it this week and have it done by Labor day...and I don't mean my labor day I mean September 6, Week 37.

I have 2 more showers this weekend! The first one being hosted by Rebecca Turner, Kathy Sheffield, Jenni Bode, and MeMaw. Then the second one by Aunt Marla for all the aunts (both sisters and friends). I am really excited to see the sweet things that all these special people in my life are going to get for Beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment