Monday, August 9, 2010

Week 33


Baby Beau has upgraded from squash to honeydew this week. And none of the fruit/vegetable examples have felt more appropriate than this one. I look like I literally have a honeydew shoved up my shirt at all times, and she is only going to get bigger from here. My guess is she is weighing in at about 4.6 lbs and is about 18 inches long. I go with a smaller weight and a longer body because she feels really crunched in there. Her head feels like it is on my bladder, but her feet are in my ribs. I have a feeling she is as uncomfortable as I am with all her squirming. Some of those kicks actually hurt pretty badly!

As for this weekend, we didn't do much. Buddy got started on the changing table/dresser and also bought Beau her first diapers when he went to Wal-Mart. I took a much needed break and made a list (a very long list) of things we still need to do, things we still need to buy, and what we need to pack in our hospital bags/diaper bag. I feel a lot more prepared, but the magnitude of the list is a little overwhelming.

But there is light. Buddy's aunt and uncle, Sherri and Andy, bought us the travel system we wanted! It was such a wonderful surprise, unexpected and very generous. We appreciate it soooo much and can't wait till it gets her this week. One more thing checked off the list (a very big thing). Here is a sneak peak in case you want to see what we chose.

3 comments:

  1. 33 weeks! Not much longer!! I hope you are feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I guess o.k. would be the right expression. Because I think that encompasses uncomfortable, irritated and tired, but I still have to work, keep my house clean, fix dinner and prepare for a baby that is about to change my whole life.

    So I'm not great, but I'm not bad. I'm o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( You aren't alone!! I remember feeling alone when I was going through all of that same stuff just 4 months ago. It's overwhelming, I know. I'm sorry! I know you don't want to hear it, but it really DOES get better.

    Take bubble baths, order take out, get a massage, and Beatriz cleans houses for a GREAT price! :) That's my solution. ha. Easier said than done, huh?

    As for baby Beau, she is definitely about to change your life - but in the most wonderful way.

    Hang in there, it's almost over!

    ReplyDelete