Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wreaths!

So I just fell in love with the idea of doing my own wreaths for some doors in our home after seeing these on this blog. Which one should I try my hand at first....?

This one is made out of tissue paper and a wire wreath frame. Once i find out what our little orange is (boy or girl) I want to make one for the door to their room in either this white, or blues if a boy and pinks if it is a girl. I am super excited about it so i want to find out soon!

And i think i want to make this one for the front door, a nice rustic touch for our aspiring cottage.

I would change the ribbbon, possibly gingam in a fun spring color and another wooden tie. A fun flower, or eggs, really anything i can find that is cute.

I think i will start with the burlap because my front door is begging for something and it will be the cheaper.

I have another wreath that is awesome below made out of old book pages and a foam ring. I think i will try to find a HUGE ring and make this wreath to put over our couch. The blank wall is really needing some help and i think this will be a cute fix for now.

But i have to get through a wedding this weekend before i can begin my projects, but i am so excited it probably won't detour me from going to the fabric store to get my supplies today!

More pictures to come later on how they all turn out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just discovered your blog! Love these wreaths! Feel free to stop by my new blog and say 'hi'.
    Kristine
    xx

    ReplyDelete